Every penny you give makes a difference and we try to use it wisely.
We should like to thank:
- Market Garden who provide the plants for the tubs in the Abbey Grounds.
- Cirencester Chamber of Commerce who chose us as their “Good Cause” for their raffle.
- Cirencester Macular Degeneration Group for a donation.
- Deer Park School for growing on our bedding plants.
- We should like to thank all individual donors and those who have bought plants from us at our plant sales.
Working with Others
We are proud of our track record of working with other groups in the community.
- Deer Park School – Over the past three years we have worked with Deer Park School and the students who are undertaking a horticultural course. They grow on plug plants and we help by watering in school holidays and potting on.
- Churn Project – We have worked with clients of the Churn Project to provide experience of voluntary work in gardening. One of those who helped us has subsequently been able to get a permanent job at Dobbies because of his voluntary experience
Working for others
As a community group we are proud of our town and want to help others in the town as well. Since our inception we have raised money through Open Garden days for various local charities.
- 2010 – Restoration of the South Porch £6000 raised
- 2012 – The Churn Project £5000 raised
- 2014 – Cirencester Housing for Young People £5000 raised
- 2016 – Cirencester Open Air Swimming Pool £1000 raised
- 2016 – Cirencester Friends Meeting House £450 raised
As well as raising money for local good causes we try to share plants, bulbs and advice with other community gardening projects in Cirencester. Some of these include Cirencester Memory Club, Sunflowers Nursery, Chesterton Community Gardens, British Legion (Women’s Section).
Donors and Sponsors
Donors in 2014
Barclays Bank £50
Stratton and Baunton Horticultural Society £100
Barnwood Trust (Small Sparks grant) £250
Soroptimists International (Cirencester Bracnch) £300
R A O’Donnell £50
Jonathon Beech £50
CB Slade £100
Print and Threads £30
Miscellaneous Individual donations £30
Donations in 2015
Sunflowers Nursery £50
Park Community Group £120
Cowley’s Undertakers £100
Pakeman, Catto and Carter £25
Waitrose Green Token Scheme £230
Watermoor Parish Church Fete £1,000
Public individual donations £95
Donations in 2016
Macular Degeneration Society £30
Cirencester Chamber of Commerce Raffle (637
Donation from funeral of Mrs Gaskell
Cowley and Son (Undertakers) £100
Mary Turner £100
Public individual donations £60